Well you all love GOOGLE and the Internet. The reason is obviously quite obvious. We love the Internet because it allows us to search and find anything on just one push of a button. Also, GOOGLE and the other search engines have their own contribution to play as well.
But, every day when you log into the Internet, you are actually compromising your security and privacy. Why I say this is because, when you are logged into the Internet. It is not very difficult for a person with harmful intention and knowledge to look up your IP and see what you browse and view on the Internet. Also if he is capable enough, your system might already be compromised. He or she will be able to have full control over what you watch and view all day over the Internet. These types of eves dropping can also be done by certain private firms to gather information about your likes and dislikes, so that later on they can add it upto their Big Data Database. This information of yours is later sold to bidding companies over the Internet to target you as potential customers for their products.
Although, one might be under the impression that these kind of things might not happen to him or her. You can never be sure of whether your information is actually being passed here and there.
Thus, today I ll be showing you what you can do to browse the Internet anonymously and safely.
You will need to understand a few extra things before you can jump into the part of ” How to anonymously browse the Internet ? “.
What is TAILS ?
Well TAILS is the Operating system which is going to save your day. It is just like any other Operating System. But, the only and main difference is that it is a LIVE operating system. And, it aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity.
The main advantage of using the TAILS OS
- you can use the Internet anonymously and also bypass any kind of censorship that your connection might have, as all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor Network.
- it leaves no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it to save your information.
- it uses state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
So, if you have any very important emails and files you need to keep completely safe and sound. Then the TAILS OS has been the thing you have been always looking for.
TAILS OS is a live operating system, which means that it can be used in any PC with the help of only a USB stick containing the TAILS OS.
For those of you who are not very well of what a live operating system is. It is basically an OS which runs from a USB stick instead of running from your PC’s hard disk. Thus, it can only get better. You have anonymity and portability as well.
Oh ! And before I forget TAILS OS is absolutely free. So you don’t have to pay anything for your privacy and security.
NOTE : This guide is only for Windows user.
First, install the TAILS OS ISO file.
- Plug in the first USB stick in the USB slot of your computer.
- Download the Universal USB Installer.
- After downloading the application click and run it.
- Click on I agree after the application opens.
- Then from the ‘ Step 1: Select …. ‘ choose Tails. And then under ‘ Step 2 : Select the iso ..’ browse and choose the ISO file you have downloaded.
- Then in ‘ Step 3: select the drive …’ select the USB stick and then mark the Fat32 Format Drive option.
- Then click on the Create button.
- Then click on the Yes button on the warning dialog box to start the installation.
- Click on the close button after the installation is completed.
- Now, restart the computer leaving the USB stick plugged in.
- The Boot loader Menu will appear after which you need to select the first option ‘Tails’ to start the TAILS OS.
- After a few seconds, you will be greeted with a ” Welcome to Tails ” dialog box.
- Then, just select your preferred language and the Keyboard Layout you want to choose and press ‘ Start ‘.
- After a while you will see the Tails Desktop on your computer screen.
And, Voila ! That is how you browse the Internet anonymously.